Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm back

Well it's over. We left at 4 am and came home around 11:30 pm. Ten hours on the road.

Abby's memorial service was really nice. I was a little worried because it was open casket but it ended up helping me. Aunt Riki was in the foyer and she just kept saying that she wanted the casket closed because it wasn't Abby. Uncle Stewart was in the little chapel with her. I got close enough to talk to him and see her there, and that's when it hit me. She's really gone. Nothing is going to bring her back. He asked if I had opened her card yet and I told him that it all seemed so unreal that I've waited, but now I felt like I should. He smiled and told me I'd like it. I did. Brad had opened his and told me that he'd keep it forever. He's also going to start sending cards more often. I'm with him on this now.

After reading it when I got home last night I cried some more. All I have to say is that I love you too Abby. I may not get to see you again as soon as we had hoped, but I know I will. It's just going to take a little longer than either of us had thought.

No comments: