Monday, October 29, 2007

A Tribute

to musician that I love and his former band.

"Oh, the sound of rollin' dice to me is music in the air"

"No one beats him at his game For very long but just the same "

"I cannot risk the bet, cause hearts are fragile toys, so easy to forget."

"He tries to scare us, with angry words but we all know that they're lies "

"'Cause promises like lives, can be bought so very cheap."

"All dressed up with nowhere to go"

"There's something inside your head"

"Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can
Something's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll scream"

"Let's imitate reality
Let's strive for mediocrity
Let's make believe we're all the same
Let's sanitize our little brains "

"But go ahead sleep tight in your beds, remember what the wise man said"

"They're busy building toys and absolutely no one's dead"

"I never was a punk
I never shot junk
I never even tried counter
Culture passed me right by
(I'm on the outside)"

"A million years of evolution, we get Danny Quayle"

"Diagrams and charts, mending broken hearts"

"We close our eyes
We close our eyes and dream
And the world has turned around again"

"Every time I look around this place I see them scream but I hear no sound."

"If you can find me come and get me out of here"

"Purify my brain and hose down my soul"

"Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it"

"Locked away inside, never says a word, hope he hasn't died"

"Won't you stay with me one more day"

"He's underprivileged and abused, perhaps a little bit confused."

"Do you peek at magazines filled with doggies and leather queens"

"She could look in peoples eyes and read their minds"

"They don't know what life's about"

"Throw him in the ocean then, see if he is sad."

No comments: