Monday, April 13, 2009

Remember me?

Oh lordy lordy! Do I have fun stuff to post! Where do I ever begin? Let's start with my latest work of art.

I created a signature book for my brother-in-law's wedding. (Michael is married for those of you keeping score... no more Schulzes to farm out... this generation anyway... But I know a couple Bukowskis still up for grabs if you're interested. ;) )

Allie asked me to create a book after seeing one I'd made for Trena & Aaron as a wedding gift. Now, a paper-bag mini-album is WAY different than a whole guest book for the reception & open house of a wedding... WAY different. Her idea was that it'd be really cool to take it out and show the kids someday, "Your aunt Meghan made these with her own 2 hands!" Being the scrapping enthusiast that I am, it sounded good at the time. What a journey!

So I checked out Etsy's offerings for ideas... expensive too!

I bought books... thank you T&A and Georgie for the Amazon gift cards... they helped!

I went to the most amazing art store I've been to with my dear friend Jaime... we both fell in love... to get supplies.

And I made a book!

I got lots of nice compliments from family and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I've learned a new art technique... and I finally own my own pot of Yes Paste. A major w00t if I've ever had an occasion to. ;) Pictures to follow shortly...

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I was just thinking of you and how I hadn't seen anything from your blog fo-ev-a. And then wa-la here you go and post! YAY
Luv ya, can't wait to see pics of your masta-piece

EvaMarieva said...

Welcome back. The pictures of the wedding are beautiful and thanks for sharing! Great job on the book and lastly I am excited you found the most amazing store for art supplies ever! My dad took me there when I started school 9 years ago and I can't set foot anywhere else when I need certain supplies.

PS I miss you!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that store. Just the sheer amount of paper they have fills me with glee. If you ever go back, let me come? I want to go again! :)