Thursday, September 07, 2006

Search for Meaning

So I have this class where I'm supposed to write a lot. Instead it looks like a LOT more reading, but I digress.

I have a test on this book today, so I was up late reading it. It's really good though. This guy has a lot of great perspective on how to give your life meaning and creating the right attitudes in life that will make you happy. He's the founder of the 3rd type of psychotherapy that came out of Vienna (along with Freud & Adler). It's called logotherapy. Logos is Latin for meaning so this therapy helps you find MEANING behind your suffering and issues. It's really cool stuff.


The main part of the book is talking about his experiences in a concentration camp during WWII, which in itself is really interesting, but on top of it all he's analyzes his behavior (and others) and sets up explanations about what he discusses in the 2nd and 3rd portions of the book (a summary of logotherapy).
I highly recommend this book to anyone (I can think of a few that SHOULD read it). I plan on using some of his ideas and applying them to my life. It's that good.

No comments: