Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tomorrow (or today) will not suck

Because I refuse to let it. I choose to remember Momma Sue through the things she taught me over the years she was in my life. I will be myself, I will try to be nice to everyone, I will remember that just because life isn't fair doesn't mean I get to stop and whine about it all day. I also hope that we get some sprinkles like the weatherman was teasing today. That way I can go outside and walk around in it and remember that I'm not made of sugar and won't melt. I'll then think of her, miss her, and then smile to myself because I know she doesn't want us to be sad for her. I'll be happy that she's happier and doesn't hurt anymore and then feel that warm feeling I get when I remember.

Then I will join her wonderful family for dinner and think of her some more. I'll reflect on the great life she lead and how important her family was to her. I'm lucky to have such wonderful friends because of what a great example and mother she still is to them and their friends.

It's been 5 long years, Momma, we still miss you, but your influence lives on. I know that was important to you; know that you're still important to us.

No comments: