Friday, May 26, 2006

I burned the candle at both ends

I’m so exhausted. I’ve finally “let down” and now my body is punishing me for the last 2 ½ weeks of pushing myself. I’m really proud though as I’ve never been much of a studier. I REALLY pushed myself (well… I could have done more, but going from NEVER studying to 2-3 hours a day is pretty good) and hopefully it’ll pay off. I’m just glad it’s over now. I should be able to get my grades in a month… I’m sure I could go down there and get it sooner… but I don’t think I want to go back just yet. It’s really nice that it’s over for Memorial Day though. I’ve got a fun weekend ahead of me.

Tonight is a party at my in-laws to celebrate the end of the semester… like we really need an excuse to hang out? Aaron and Trena are just party people. :D It’ll be nice because we’ll project a movie on the back of the garage again. That’s always fun. Not to mention the dinner made up of appetizers and brownie sundaes. YUMMY! I’m waking up and feeling hungry just thinking about it.

Highland games are tomorrow. I’m pumped up for that. My buddy Allen will be there, and I think that’s all me and Matthew may do there… hang out. I don’t think anyone else we know is going. Allen usually competes but I can’t remember if he is or not this year. I got a pretty cool shot of him last year tossing a caber (well, really setting up, the actual toss picture didn’t turn out as nice). I’ll play around with that some more this year if he does compete. This will be the first year we go and Matthew will actually have a kilt. Pretty fun! I have NO idea what else he’ll be wearing since he doesn’t have the rest of the traditional clothes (just his kilt, sporran and belt) but that’s his job to figure out. I’ll post pictures when I get a chance this weekend.

I really want to find a good tartan skirt, but most of them are WAY too short. Matthew keeps trying to get me to wear a Wallace… sorry this isn’t Scotland in the 1600s, I will not wear my husband’s tartan. I’m a friggin Stuart and Robertson, and I’ll die before I wear Wallace. Okay, so maybe it’s not that bad, Grandpa was named for William Wallace, but I’m SO not going to back down on the whole thing about him needing to wear a Stuart tartan. We both have lines there… it just makes sense. Whatever, it’s what our kids will wear. I just wish we had a little more cash right now so that we could actually register with a clan. If we did it’d be Wallace probably since he actually OWNS a tartan for that. I’ll be nice and back down on that one detail. It may be more fun to register for multiples though. *shrugs* All I have to say after that is…

“If ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas.” –Colby Donaldson, Survivor, Season 2 (Yeah, the guy who likened his mother visiting him in the outback to a “conjugal” visit.)

And a fun link for the day: http://www.toilette-humor.com/the-man-song.html