Thursday, March 15, 2007

Excuse me I think you have brains leaking out of your ears

Oh sorry, that's me. For those of you that don't know, I'm taking a physics theory class. We're not talking Newtonian physics either. I can now tell you all about Einstein's theory of relativity. Well... the basics at least, it is, afterall, only a THEORY class. I can't do the fantastic bits of math to go along with it. Why would I take such a freaking horrible class you ask? Oh, because it's REQUIRED for my major. Evil evil class. Fortuneately it's taught by one of my favorite teachers ever... because you actually LEARN from him. None of this, "please regurgitate exactly what I just taught you the last several weeks" crap. I'm actually expected to be able to apply my newly founded knowledge to answer questions. This works out in a good and bad way. Good: I actually learn something. Bad: it's friggin hard and hurts to think about especially when your grade is on the line.

Anyway. I just took the mid-term. I should have regained my sanity in time for next week's lecture. Aren't you proud? I honestly think I did okay considering how little time I studied for the sucker. Exactly how well remains to be seen, but I did feel better walking out than I did walking in. Of course, that also has to do with the fact that the torture session was now over. I'm listening to Muse right now. It's making me feel better. I had Boingo going in the car, that helped too.

One more thing. Dooce linked to this and I thought it was pretty cool. Gummy bears!!

No comments: