Saturday, March 22, 2008

Because I love her so

WAY back when I was young, impressionable and just a regular silly little teenage girl I met a boy. His name was Chris. I won't go into gory details but he was my first boyfriend and continued to be a very good friend for years after. At one point during our odd "relationship" he had told me that he had wanted to end up with a good girl when he was finally ready to grow up. Flash forward almost 6 years to to us being out of high school. I had just been married that January and here it was in March and I was sitting at his wedding!

Lemme tell you something about Lorelei. She's beautiful, outside and in (even her name!). We clicked right away when I'd met her a few months before. We've got similar interests (photography and all that goes with it including graphic design) but she's a lot better at it all than I am. She's another one of those many friends I have that I'm totally jealous of. This girl is stinking talented!! When they lived in my old home town still we saw them a lot more than we do now (almost never) but she and I correspond through emails and MySpace/Facebook.

The funnest part from her emails is the photos she sends out. I get caught up in school so I don't get to visit her site much, but when I do I always step back and gasp. She does web design and takes portraits professional.y. I got an email from her today announcing that her photography website now has a blog. I'm linking to it here in my blog roll. Please feel free to look her up all the time. Her photos are amazing and really deserve to be seen!

2 comments:

Trena said...

Is Chris the one where your Mom wouldn't let him in the house? I love that story!

Anonymous said...

Oh Megh you are SUCH AN INCREDIBLE SWEETHEART!

After a busy/stressful/crazy filled day, I find this post (by way of seeing your blog link on twitter) and I am literally still trying to catch my breath. Reading your post stole it away from me, out of sheer awe and gratefulness for having such a dear friend like you!!

I'm truely blessed! <3<3<3