Entertainment Weekly put out the worst 20 movies ever. Here's MY commentary. ;)
20. GHOST RIDER (2007) Yah think? Who's idea was to cast Nicolas Cage? I don't know the comic at all, but really. That was a no brainer. He's great in stuff like Gone in 60 Seconds or National Treasure... but as a bike riding, flaming skull superhero? Duh!
19. THE SHADOW (1994) I had totally forgotten about this one. I wanted to see it when it came out (let's face it, I was 12). I'll spare my Netflix que the embarassment now.
18. BARB WIRE (1996) I missed this one, and I still want to see it for the comedic value.
17. CATWOMAN (2004) Halle Berry, she ruined Storm in X-Men, there was NO WAY I was going to see this. She besmirched the name of Batman.
16. BRENDA STARR (1992) I know nothing about this, we'll keep it that way.
15. THE PHANTOM (1996) See The Shadow... except I was 14 and a little more skeptical.
14. DAREDEVIL (2003)/ELEKTRA (2005) I avoided both like the plague. These and Catwoman were products of greed... "Hey that X thing flick made a lot of money... let's make more!"
13. TANK GIRL (1995) I wanted to see this one. I think I still will. ONe of the girls at church was nicknamed TG. I can't remember if it was before or after the movie though. This is the ONLY reason I want to see this as I've heard from others that it was pretty bad.
12. FANTASTIC FOUR (2005) I didn't think this one was THAT bad. It wasn't GOOD, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected either. That beign said, I didn't see the sequel because I knew it could only go downhill from there.
11. SHEENA (1984) I'm too young for this one so see #16.
10. THE PUNISHER (2004) I know nothing about this franchise but I just got a bad feelign about it. Matthew saw it; I didn't hear any raving about it so I guess I'm not disappointed.
9. SUPERGIRL (1984) See #11, although I did have teh paperdolls that were merchandised from this movie.
8. BARBARELLA (1968) Heard of this one, knew nothing about it. I may Netflix it now because it sounds THAT hilarious.
7. HOWARD THE DUCK (1986) I saw this ONCE on tv as a kid. I don't remember anything but now I think I want to rewatch it. It'll be funny.
6. STEEL (1997) I don't even remember HEARING about this one.
5. SWAMP THING (1982) Too young; Too bad, so sad.
4. BATMAN & ROBIN (1997) This would be George Cloony's "contribution" to the franchise. I knew it was bad back then, saw it anyway, and cried. EW says it all... "There are nipples on the Batsuit. Nipples. On. The. Bat. Suit."
3. THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN (2003) I enjoyed this one (Matthew didn't, thus why we haven't bought the DVD). I know the comic version is supposed to be MUCH better, but as I knew nothing about it beforehand I had fun. Now that I know more, I've been trying to get my hands on it to experience the "real" thing.
2. SUPERMAN IV: QUEST FOR PEACE (1987) I'm not a Superman fan anyway (Batman is WAY better). I only saw the first 2 growing up (maybe pieces of the 3rd, I can't remember) and have yet to be convinced to catch up on the last one from a few years back.
1. JUDGE DREDD (1995) Never saw it for one reason: Sly Stalone.
2 years ago