Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And good old boys drinking whisky and rye

Every year I choose to try to reflect on how united our nation was in the first few weeks immediately following the attacks. And every year I sob. This year I was able to contain the tears mostly. I'm finally at a place where I feel like I can *talk* about it without getting too drained. If I let myself, the waterworks still come. I went on MSN.com and found TONS of photos in my search to make this LO. They were all flash shows so I couldn't use any of them, but I'm glad I saw them. I let myself cry then.


This year was the year to finally get all my thoughts about the whole thing down. I'm glad I'm finally able calm myself down long enough to capture my reaction to that day. It has already become the JFK assassination of my generation; this day has become the it in "where were you when it happened?" Before that, I thought it would have been Oklahoma City or Colombine, but neither of those situations came remotely close.

Here's my start at therapy and record keeping. I need to make another page to fully reflect what happened AFTER that day, but I can't do that tonight, I'm too tired.

Alpha & Papers: Gina Miller
Tears: Blue Flombingo

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

No comments: