Thursday, September 06, 2007

You spin me right round baby

Wow! Time for an update. Life has been a whirlwind lately!! I guess I'll start from this last weekend.

Matthew and I went to visit his aunt and uncle in NorCal over the long weekend. We started our 7 hour trek on Saturday morning at 4:45 am. I started taking little video clips at 5:00 and figured I'd cronacle a short clip every 30 minutes of our entire drive (like a sped-up drive up California) to capture the changes in light and landscape. Well... 2 hours later as we were about to make a breakfast stop, my battery died. And I forgot to pack the charger. D'oh!! So much for pictures all weekend. :( I was a sad little Pixie.

So I took silly notes the rest of the ride for fun.

7:05 am- realized in Carl's Jr. parking lot that my camera battery was dead.

7:25 am- realized that the guy sitting across CJ was sporting a great Flock of Seagulls haircut and I had no camera to capture it. The guy was probably younger than me too. How did he even know who FoS was?

7:30- back on the road

7:48- drove past some coyote road kill, we don't get THAT much in Anaheim!!

8:30- Stopped for gas & got raped at the pump... $3.49 a gallon!! I also got attacked by ENORMOUS flies and overwhelmed by the smell of cow @$$ everywhere... it smelled like the 909!

8:35- back on the road, 192 from San Francisco

That's all I wrote. We arrived around 11:30. Matthew drove the whole way so he took a nap and I hung out with Aunt Meg. We had a nice chat. Uncle Keith called and said he was on his way home and was picking up lunch. Matthew woke up just before our YUMMY burritos arrived. SO GOOD! We then decided that we'd go to the French cheese factory that afternoon... so off we went.

That place was so cool. Keith drove us up the back roads from Petaluma to this little old farm house in the middle of nowhere (Marin county for anyone interested). You walk in and it's a little store. Lots of yummy cheeses and cheese themed gifts (cheese knife sets, wines, crackers, shirts and aprons... you get the idea). The actual factory is in the cellar and usually you can get tours but they were on hold due to renovations going on. I'll just have to go back!! We bought close to $40 of cheese for Matthew's mom and a few little quarks for us (flavored cream cheeses). Matthew is lactose intolerant so most French cheeses make him sick, but it was a lot of fun for me because I've been wanting to go for years. Meg and Keith always bring some down with them when they come for visits.

We walked around the pond for a bit after that with Shasta (M&K's adorable dog). Keith let her off the leash and she would come running back when you called her. Such a good dog! On our way back, Keith drove us around the neighborhood pointing out fun little houses. For those of you that don't know, most of northern California has these ADORABLE little old houses EVERYWHERE. Petaluma started in the late 1800s so its like a little history lesson driving through the middle of downtown (and all over town really).

We then went back to their house and took another nap (we were TIRED). When we got up, Brad (Matthew's cousin) was over so we got to chat with him for a little bit. He's a real doll. We watched 300 that evening and just hung out. When the movie was over, off to bed. I still can't believe how tired I was that day!

The next morning Matthew and I got up and met my friend Peas for breakfast. I've been chatting with her on scrapbooking boards for almost 3 years now. We finally met in person at Disneyland in 4/06 and it was high time for another visit! We met her in her home town, Benicia, and had a yummy breakfast at a little place called Shoreline. We ate on the patio and just had a great time talking. We then walked along the street where it ends on a little "pier" (concrete walkway over the water really) and back. It was great to see her again and cannot wait for another chance to visit to come up!

Back in Petaluma we went to dinner at this Chicago pizza place that Matthew loved when he lived with M&K for a few months before he went on his mission. It's in the middle of historical downtown Petaluma (I sound like a travel guide). The restaurant actually used to be a parlor for a brothel. Funny huh? Anyway, he took me there last time and it really is GOOD pizza. We then walked around downtown taking in the sights and checking out all kinds of newer developments in the area. It was a lot of fun.

The next day was time to pack up. Meg made me a yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs and hot cocoa (I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I was actually hungry that time). We said our good-byes and were off! A very quick trip, but very relaxing and a fun visit!!

Here are my only single pictures... since Peas is a scrapbooker too, I knew I could count on her to actually have a WORKING camera with her!


Isn't she cute? :D Stay tuned... I made another card and a couple pictures to post from work from last week. We had to say good-bye to a real sweetheart that used to work with us. ;)

No comments: