Thursday, June 29, 2006

Since I’m “un-Christian” I’m getting political today

Why do so many people feel the need to criticize the Christian-ness of others? I know that by simply discussing this point I’m about to contradict myself… but in my one and only point of defense (or justification) I don’t DO what I’m about to criticize. (Does that make sense?)

I really don’t believe in attacking other’s beliefs. Everyone is entitled to whatever they want to believe. Whatever floats your boat right? As long as you’re not infringing upon my rights or those of others I don’t really CARE what you do. Do I disagree with things in this world? Hell yes! Will I vote according to the dictates to that? Yes, and that’s my constitutional given right. Every other citizen has that right.

Now to where I get cheesed. If I do something that you don’t like, believe something that you don’t like etc. don’t get on your freaking high horse and say I’m being un-Christian. Because flat out, you’re judging me at that point. And how did that little phrase go? Judge not, lest ye be judged. Don’t tell me I’m unchristian because I support someone who believes in actually punishing criminals. Those types are usually the same ones who bash people for having a different lifestyle than they do. Puh-leeze!

I am a sarcastic person and a proud Republican. Get over it.

I’m done now.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

And I love ya for it!! Muwah!
:::::CHEERING LOUDLY:::::