Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another iPod moment... I just hadda add

Michael Jackson. WOW all the scary gross stuff aside... his music still makes me wanna dance. It's really sad that someone so talented could go so wrong. I don't blame him completely, he had a really screwed up childhood. Honestly... I think he really believes that there's nothing wrong with him or his life, and that's why he makes me sad. I'm not condoning it, I'm not saying it's okay or that I don't believe all that's happened and rumors/truth whatever, I'm just saying he's messed up and REALLY believes he's "normal". I think that's worse than any other type of mental illness in some ways.

Someone I know well changed dramatically in his teen years and then after several years of him acting weird, he broke. Turned out that he has schizophrenia and didn't know. All this horrible stuff was going through his head and he just withdrew into himself because he didn't know what was going on or if it was "normal" or what. Now that he's been diagnosed and is on a medication that works for him, he's back to the same person he used to be. It's so refreshing to see him happy again these last several years. It just makes me sad that he went untreated for so long because of all the living he missed out on during that time. He's moving on and making up for it though and that's all that matters right? Taking what life throws you, dealing with it, and then moving on.

No comments: